Do you remenber this mini cake? The Royal Albert Teacup was my inspiration to make one of my farorite works. Today I will show you how to paint a rose on fondant inpired by the same teacup.
Here’s what you’ll need for this project:
- Fondant. Let the fondant dry at least overnight before starting.
- Small brush
- Pink, Green and Brown food decorating pens
- Pink, burgundy and green gel food colors
- Plastic palette
1. Use the edible pink pen to draw the rose petals.
2. Mix the pink gel paste food coloring with alcohol or flavored extract. Paint the rose petals with the small brush.
3. Mix the burgundy color with a few drops of alcohol to make the color more concentrated. Paint the edge of the petal, increasingly pale towards the centre so as to create a graduation.
4. Use the edible green pen to draw the leaf.
5. Mix the green gel paste with alcohol to paint the leaf.
6. Use the edible brown pen to draw the leaf vein.